The HomeCare service was launched by the L V Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI) in midst of the COVID pandemic to ensure continuity of care for patients who were unable to visit the LVPEI centres, especially the elderly patients. The feedback received so far has been very heartening. Currently, the service is available to patients within a predetermined radius (10-25 Kms) from LVPEI’s Kallam Anji Reddy campus at Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, and Mithu Tulsi Chanrai campus at Patia, Bhubaneswar. The service is available from Monday to Saturday - 09.30 am to 4.00 pm.
Our trained vision technician or optometrist will visit the patient’s home and perform a comprehensive eye examination and record the patient's visual acuity, intraocular pressure, and anterior and posterior segment photographs. All this while all the COVID safety protocols will be followed.
This data will be uploaded on the HomeCare app which will be reviewed by an ophthalmologist at LVPEI’s dedicated teleophthalmology centre.
The doctor will then do a video consultation with the patient and prescribe/ recommend glasses/spectacles, medicines, further investigation, or surgery; as per need of the patient. Link to an e-medical report will be provided to patient.
If the patient has been prescribed spectacles, they can place an order at LVPEI's in-house optical outlets; and their glasses will be couriered to them (cost as per actuals)
Applicable for Bhubaneswar, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam
Applicable for Hyderabad
A minimum of 10 patients are required at the same location
Within radius of 10-20 kms from the main campus
frequently asked questions (FAQ)
1. What is HomeCare and what does it cover?
The main aim of HomeCare service is to reach out to those patients who need eye care but cannot physically visit our centres. The following services are covered under HomeCare:
- Comprehensive eye examination (dilation if advised by eye doctor)
- Video consultation with the eye doctor
- Advanced eye investigations like Visual field test (based on doctor’s advice)
- E-report (includes spectacle prescription)
2. Is there any App for HomeCare? Is it mandatory to download the APP?
3. How is HomeCare different from ConnectCare (teleconsultation)?
- - Teleconsultation at LVPEI happens via ConnectCare app through a voice or video call, and later the patient receives an e-report on their device. It does not involve a physical examination and is more suited for follow-up patients previously examined (or those who underwent surgery) at LVPEI.
- Homecare is a step further than ConnectCare (teleconsultation). A team physically visits the patient at their home and the eye doctor connects with patient on video-call. It is suited for both new and existing (follow-up) patients.
4. How do I book an appointment for Home Care?
The HomeCare service is currently only available in the vicinity of LVPEI’s Kallam Anji Reddy Campus in Banjara Hills campus, Hyderabad, and LVPEI’s Mithu Tulsi Chanrai Campus in Patia, Bhubaneswar. To book an appointment, click: Book Individual Appointment I Book Group Appointment
5. What do you mean by Individual Appointment and Group Appointment?
Individual appointment: When you are booking an appointment for only one patient
- - Group appointment: When you are booking an appointment for a group of people in the same location. Group appointment service can be availed for minimum 10 number of patients.
6. What are the charges? Are the charges different for Group Appointment and Individual Appointment.
The charges for individual appointment are as following:
- INR 700/- (Within radius of 10 km)
- INR 1000/- (Within radius of 10-20 kms)
The charges for group appointment are as following (cost per patient):
- INR 500/- (Within radius of 10 km)
7. Is this service available for people across all ages?
Yes.However, priority is given to elderly and premature children.
8. Can I seek homecare for eye emergency?
No, emergency eye care is not covered under theHomeCare service at LVPEI.
9. How much time will one HomeCare session take?
A routine eye examinationtakes about an hour. In certain cases where there is a need for dilatation or investigation, the process may take longer.
10. Is any preparation needed from my end before the LVPEI team visits my home?
The patient needs to be comfortably seated in a closed room where the lights can be dimmed. Based on the need, an electrical plug point might be required to use certain equipment.
11. I am not an existing patient of LVPEI, can I still avail this service?
Yes. If you are a new (fresh) patient at LVPEI, you can still avail the HomeCare service - provided your home falls within the above-mentioned coverage area.
12. Will this service be available on all days? What are the timings?
HomeCare service is available from Monday to Saturday - 09.30am to 4.00pm.
13. If I want to reschedule or cancel my appointment, is it possible?
Yes.It is feasible to reschedule or cancel the appointment. Cancellation needs to be done a day prior to the scheduled appointment to avail the refund.
14. Will I be provided any medical reports at the end of the session?
Yes.The link to download your medical report will be shared with you on your listed email id/mobile number after the check-up is completed.
15. Whom should I contact for further information or queries/ concerns?
For further information or for any queries, please contact: Bhubaneswar +91 674 2653248/6371750396 ; Hyderabad :+91 9392752020